Monday, March 8, 2010

Feeling Crafty : Vintage Frame

 I bought this picture at a consignment shop a few months ago, I got it for 90% off! I'm such a bargain  shopper lol! I didn't buy it for the lovely piece of art, I bought it for the f r a m e.I've been wanting to try out doing a vintage look on wooden frame to use for my photography adventures

Here's how I did it!

Here's the original frame as I bought it!
I took the picture apart removing the backing, picture and glass.

 I sanded the wood down a bit with fine sand paper and
put on two coat of white paint.

I applied two coats of turquoise paint and sanded the edges and any place that I thought would look good!
I then covered the frame in a light wood stain and then put on a coat of glaze to give it some shine!


I had so much fun doing this piece!
I'm sure you will be seeing more of these from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers